ERUCC Mission Statement: We, the members of this congregation, seek to celebrate in word and deed the gospel of Jesus Christ, by nurturing spiritual growth through worship, study and prayer; by caring for one another as God cares for us; and by proclaiming God’s love for all people as we work to help our neighbors near and far. We commit ourselves to develop and implement specific programs to fulfill our mission. – adopted by the Congregation, 1990
What’s unique about ERUCC? We are an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ, welcoming all, respecting our rich heritage as one of Frederick’s oldest downtown churches, and serving the present as a leader in social action and service to the community
- Service to community: Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ is committed to proclaiming God’s love for all people as we work to help our neighbors near and far. Our generous mission funds reach individuals and organizations in three major areas:
- UCC Wider Mission
- Organizations historically connected to ERUCC
- Opportunities which reach our neighbors in Frederick County without adequate food,shelter, physical and mental health care.
- Open And Affirming: Open and Affirming is the United Church of Christ’s designation for congregations, campus ministries, and other bodies in the UCC which make a public covenant of welcome into their full life and ministry to persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions
Our Pastor – The Reverend Barbara Kershner Daniel
The Rev. Dr. Barbara Kershner Daniel began her ministry with Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ on July 1, 2006 after serving for twenty-three years in Pennsylvania. Pastor Daniel graduated summa cum laude from Catawba College in Salisbury, North Carolina and holds both Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees from Lancaster Theological Seminary in Pennsylvania. She has served on many United Church of Christ boards and committees and is currently serving on the board of the Pension Boards of the United Church of Christ and as a trustee of Catawba College. She is active in the Rotary Club of Carroll Creek.
The rest of the Daniel family consists of the Rev. Kenneth Daniel, President and CEO of United Church Homes of Ohio, and sons, Mark, working in Pittsburgh and Christopher, a recent graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, teaching English in Thailand.
Church Staff: As the staff members of Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ, we seek to enable all of our members to celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed.
- Rev. Dr. Barbara Kershner Daniel, Senior Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rev. Fred Wenner, Pastor Emeritus (email@example.com)
- Kim Sexton, Associate for Children’s Ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alison E. Shafer, Organist & Choir Director
- Tricia Coffey, Head Chimer & Children & Youth Choir Director
- Kelly Esslinger, Bell Choir Director
- Amy Aguilar, Office Administrator (email@example.com)
- Sherry Murray, Nursery Attendant
The church staff may be reached by calling the Church office at 301-662-2762, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., or by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also an answering machine to leave a message.